Rank List for
Admissions for the year 2014-15 has been
Published. Interview on 20-06-2014 (Friday) at 10 am Venue: College Auditorium

Monday, January 6, 2014

Goodbye Party for Miss Pushpa T.S.

Friends,
our dear sister
is departing for foreign
in two three days,
and
we are meeting today
to wish her bon voyage.

You are all knowing, friends,
What sweetness is in Miss Pushpa.
I don't mean only external sweetness
but internal sweetness.

Miss Pushpa is smiling and smiling
even for no reason but simply because
she is feeling.

Miss Pushpa is coming
from very high family.
Her father was renowned advocate
in Bulsar or Surat,
I am not remembering now which place.

Surat? Ah, yes,
once only I stayed in Surat
with family members
of my uncle's very old friend-
his wife was cooking nicely…
that was long time ago.

Coming back to Miss Pushpa
she is most popular lady
with men also and ladies also.

Whenever I asked her to do anything,
she was saying, 'Just now only
I will do it.' That is showing
good spirit. I am always
appreciating the good spirit.

Pushpa Miss is never saying no.
Whatever I or anybody is asking
she is always saying yes,
and today she is going
to improve her prospect
and we are wishing her bon voyage.

Now I ask other speakers to speak
and afterwards Miss Pushpa
will do summing up.



To participate in a Discussion on the poem, Click on Comments below

3 comments:

  1. This poem was one of the eight poems which appeared in the 1970s under the group 'Very Indian Poems in Indian English'.It was later Included in Ezekiel's 'Hymns in Darkness'

    The poem is often described as a humorous reconstruction of a particular variety of Indian English

    Now try to find out the 'Indianness" in language, manners and style as expressed in the poem

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am quoting from Ezekiel's 'Very Indian Poem in English' and it deserves comparison with the given poem.


    I am standing for peace and non-violence.
    Why world is fighting fighting
    Why all people of world
    Are not following Mahatma Gandhi,
    I am simply not understanding.
    Ancient Indian Wisdom is 100% correct.
    I should say even 200% correct.
    But modern generation is neglecting-
    Too much going for fashion and foreign thing.”

    ReplyDelete

Write your questions and comments on this post and make the DISCUSSION lively