National Seminar on
Dalit Literature: Identity, Gender and Culture
Dept. of Collegiate Education, Kerala
9th October 2014
DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH
Dalit consciousness has been evoked and its movements have been revitalized by the articulation and representations of their experiences paving way for the growth of Dalit literary discourses. The seminar aims at tracing the reverberations of the identity, gender and culture in Dalit literature reversing the centrality and marginality of mainstream literature for the benefit of students, researchers and teachers of Humanities. It shall showcase the multiple perspectives on Identity, gender and culture of Dalit literature and analyze the voices as well as the harrowing experiences of the unprivileged. It shall offer a platform for meaningful discussions and deliberations on cultural and literary identities of the Dalits.
· Dalit literature and theoretical foundations
· Cultural and literary identity of Dalits
· The voice of the downtrodden
· Ambedkar and Gandhi in Dalit perspective
· Growth and evaluation of Dalit literature
· Concerns in Dalit discourses
· Dalit literary theory
· Other related areas
· Last date for submission of abstracts (soft copy) : 3rd October 2014
· Faculties who attend the seminar with full papers will be given opportunity to present their papers. However, a further date for the final submission of the revised paper will be intimated later. Authentic and unpublished papers will be considered for publishing as a book with ISBN.
FORMAT FOR PAPERS
· Title: Bold; Times New Roman, Paper size: A4, Font: 12, Double spaced.
· Abstract: 200 words
· Paper: 2500-3000 words
· References should be as per the 7th edition of MLA Handbook.
· All texts cited should be listed in the Works Cited section at the end of the paper with proper bibliographic details. Also add ‘print’ for printed sources and website URL for e-citations.
FOR FURTHER DETAILS AND COMMUNICATION:
Seminar convener: Mr. Thomas V. L, Asst. Professor. Ph: 9447955360
Joint conveners: Dr. Denny Joseph Asst. Professor and Head. Mobile: 09656346799.
Mr. Shibu K J, Asst. Professor. Ph: 9746826188